Last updated on July 7th, 2021 at 09:36 am
Having trouble choosing a suitable web hosting company? Most likely you are trying to find out which is the best web hosting company in South Africa. This can be hard nut to crack but this article is going to break things down for you so that you can choose with ease.
First of all, let us look at what we would expect from a web hosting company that would be tagged as the best.
Table of Contents
Features of a Good Web Host
- PHP web script – this is the most popular website creation script.
- A site builder – using a wholesome hosting service definitely comes with a lot of satisfaction.
- Statistics and monitoring tools – this is common with well-established web hosting companies. It is a tool that allows clients to perform metric and statistics monitoring.
- Additional domain names – as your site grows, you want to have a web host that will give you a wide range of options to choose from
- CGI – this is a common default script for most web hosting companies.
- Prompt customer service – the customer is always king for any business to thrive, even more in web hosting.
- Reasonable pricing – quality packages at affordable prices is what you should look out for
At this point, we shall explore the top web hosting companies. This is so that we can present you with the facts you need so that you can decide the one that wins for you.
Which is the Best Web Hosting Company in South Africa – A short Review
This is one of the most popular South African based company that serves over 30 million users. Their load time is 857ms and an uptime of 99.90%, which is still uncompromised quality despite the exceptionally low prices which are from the frequent discounts that they offer.
- Weekly back-ups
- 100GB bandwidth
- Allows WordPress installation at just a click
- Offers 10GB storage
- 24/7 the whole year
- Lacks a free domain name
- Lacks a free SSL certificate
Looking for free web hosting services? Then Truehost is your plug. The hosting services are not only free, but they are also excellent.
In addition, they are one of the most powerful cloud hosting in the world and their 1000MB bandwidth will provide your clients with unlimited access to your site.
With what you have already learnt, probably your response to which is the best web hosting company in South Africa is not too far from here. What makes Truehost to remain at the edge of the competition? Let us find out more from the pros and cons.
- User friendly
- Provides free SSL for all domains and sites built on Truehost
- Reliable customer support with 24/7 access
- Hosting packages are incredibly affordable
- Provides a one-month free trial period
- Guaranteed server uptime of up to 99.9%
- Some products are only found on the reseller packages.
This is one of the best South African based web hosting companies that provides a massive catalogue of telco and hosting products. It offers a load time of 912ms and an uptime of 99.92%.
One outstanding package from Afrihost is the Gold shared Linux plan which costs R49 per month. Below is a snippet of what you can expect from this web hosting company.
- 1 MySQL database
- Free .co.za or .online domain name
- Up to 75 email accounts
- Unlimited web traffic
- South African based server out of Bryanston and Gallo Manor
- Lacks a free .com domain
- Only offers a 2GB storage
- Does not include an SSL certificate
Founded in 1996, this is a South African web host that has an uptime of 99.90% and a load time of 617ms. They are known to be a very affordable hosting company but on the other side, they work best for experts. Some of the services they offer include web hosting, dedicated servers, colocation, VPS hosting, and domain names.
- Provides unlimited bandwidth.
- Allows hosting of up to 10 domains.
- They provide a wide range of features
- Provides fast speed for locals since they operate servers out of Cape Town.
- Does not provide a free domain name.
- As much as they include an SSL certificate for all plans, they are not offered for free.
Hostgator provides an incredible range of hosting services like domains, dedicated servers, and some of the best shared hosting plans there is. Their prices are quite competitive and for all the packages they guarantee a 99.9% up time guarantee.
- 45 days money-back guarantee
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free transfers for accounts for the first month after signing up
- Unmetered disk space
- Unreliable customer support
- Constant upsells
- Poor backups
6. Vander Host
The Vander host team has an expert experience of over 22 years in the hosting industry. They offer unmatched quality as compared to most of their competitors worldwide. This is mostly contributed by the fact that they have 10 data centres all over the world. Let us find out more on advantages and disadvantages you are likely to encounter when using this host.
- Reliable customer support
- Easy and automated upgrades
- Unlimited email addresses
- Free domain name registration and transfer
- Lacks a Live chat
In finding out which is the best web hosting company in South Africa, it is inevitable not to consider ZAWebhosts. Their service over the years in South Africa cannot go without notice.
They offer a couple of services ranging from VPS hosting, email hosting, web hosting, and domain name registration services. One outstanding feature is that it supports multiple languages like Norwegian, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, English, and French. Let us delve into the pros and cons to find out if it would be the best choice for you.
- Provides frequent back-ups, that is, weekly and monthly backups
- Affordable hosting packages
- Guarantees 99.9% uptime
- Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee
- The billing cycles are inflexible
- Lacks 24/7 customer support
This is a prominent South African brand that provides VPS packages, windows hosting plans, and associated services. Their hosting packages support most of the Content Management Systems and other software at affordable prices.
- Low prices
- A wide range of customer support options
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- Windows hosting plans
- Product pages do not show all available plans.
- Slow support
We believe that at this point it is way easier for you to find out which is the best web hosting company in South Africa. This question may get a range of answers from different people since we all have diverse hosting needs. As long as the hosting company you choose serves all your needs excellently and supports you adequately, aren’t they the best?