We all want flexibility, and online jobs offer us this and much more. Let’s talk about the best online jobs in South Africa that pay without experience.
Indeed, some jobs don’t require any experience to start and earn. With that said, let’s dive in and understand more about online jobs.
Table of Contents
What do you mean by online jobs?
These are tasks that one accomplishes and gets paid for via the internet. It means that you don’t need to be physically present.
Technology and the internet have made it easy to work from anywhere. A while ago, people went to offices, but now work is done even from your couch.
It has created flexibility and saved both time and costs. Working online needs resources and tools such as;
- An Internet connection is a medium through which computers can easily accomplish tasks. You’ll be able to send and receive emails and other data. Also, it allows you to connect with systems and others online.
- A computer that you’ll use to create, receive and send data. With it also, one can access different systems and continue working with ease.
- Skills are what you are getting paid to provide. What can you provide? It also means having basic computer and internet operations skills.
- The workstation is the place where you’ll be working from. A good workstation is neat and favorable for working.
- A schedule is a plan on how one chooses to accomplish tasks. It states how and when one should accomplish tasks.
These are just a few things and practices for working online. However, one needs to commit. Please take it as a normal job.
At first, it’s challenging for beginners, but it becomes easy if you are willing to learn. Make every day a learning day, and keep going.
Are online jobs in South Africa safe?
Job security is an important aspect of working online. Security is a major concern for everyone; working online implies extra care.
Many malicious people are ready to scam you. Be careful whom you transact with and also choose jobs from legitimate sites.
Don’t be too desperate that you don’t question anything. Watch the activities you involve in and the links that you access.
Deception is easy; Cyber threats are rampant and very expensive to mitigate. Security starts with you being careful.
Tips to avoid scams:
- Look up the company: Go to the company’s website and check for a physical address, phone number, and email. Research the company’s reputation and read reviews from other employees or freelancers. The reviews have a lot of information.
- Be mindful of high-paying jobs: If a job offers pay significantly higher than the industry standard, it may be a scam. Check the offer against many other platforms offering the same job. Don’t be quick to start!
- Review for spelling and grammar errors: Scammers often have shoddy grammar and spelling in their job postings; this is a red flag.
- Be wary of unbidden job offers: Be wary of unsolicited job offers, especially if you didn’t apply for the job or don’t have the qualifications. It’s a way cons use to scam you quickly without discovering it.
- Never pay to start a job: Legitimate employers will never ask for money or personal information to start a job. Avoid these scams, and don’t accept any job you feel uneasy taking.
- Check for red flags: Be cautious of jobs that require you to provide sensitive private information, such as bank account details, or that ask you to cash a check and wire the money to someone else.
- Don’t accept a job outside the platform: Always communicate and complete the job on the platform.
- Use your instincts: If something seems too good to be true or feels off in any way, it’s better to be safe than sorry and avoid the opportunity.
It’s important to be vigilant when searching for online jobs. Be cautious, use common sense, and you’ll be less likely to fall for a scam.
The Best Online Jobs in South Africa Without Experience
As a beginner choosing the right job can be challenging! The market is vast, and one feels like one can’t find their place.
Well, that’s not it, don’t quit just yet. There are so many opportunities available for you without any experience. Such jobs include;
1. Data entry
It involves manually entering data into sheets by just typing. Some programs accept the input data and process it further.
Starting this job is easy for you only need a computer and an internet connection. The employer will give you a guide on how to work.
You don’t have to worry about complexity as it involves the keyboard and data. This job is available on sites such as:
These are just a few sites; there are so many others available. It’s up to you to find the best that offers you what you need!
Earnings from data entry jobs are good. On average, payments are from R 12,000/ Month, which is good pay for someone without skills.
This person creates and uploads video content on Youtube. Youtube is worldwide and provides entertaining content for everyone.
Starting up is easy; with just an email, one is eligible. Creating an account is automatic, and one needs to change a few aspects.
Also, to be safe, one needs to follow community guidelines to keep their channel running. Youtube has offered an opportunity for everyone to grow and earn.
However, before you earn, your channel needs:
- Have at least one thousand subscribers
- At least four thousand views
- Accepted terms of Adsense and other contracts.
The Youtube earning program has more information on the above. It pays well, and some have made it their daily livelihood.
Start today and keep growing and earning from ($18 for every 1,000 ad views). Raise cash by:
- Channel memberships- charging subscription fees for different content you provide.
- Advertisements- payments for the ads that run in your content.
- Youtube premium revenue- comes after a premium subscriber watches your content!
- And others.
3. Customer service representative
It’s one of the best online jobs in South Africa. It involves interacting with customers by phone, email, or chat, where one addresses their concerns and assists.
Starting this job is easy; every day, new products come up. They need a representative who will tend to clients and solve all issues.
Sites such as LinkedIn are offering such positions for free! Career24 is another site that is ready to offer you this job.
Regarding payments, an average of R 10,509/ month. To keep at it in this job, be ready to listen and know more about the product.
Please don’t dismiss the clients, as you need them to keep your job. Take any feedback and improve on where you feel you are failing.
4. Content creator for TikTok
Tiktok is another entertainment place for videos and pictures and is available worldwide. Being a content creator on TikTok means, you have to create catchy videos that entertain.
Please find a way to connect with people and keep them returning for more. To start up on TikTok, one needs to create an account.
From there, choose your preferences and start making unique content. You can also share someone’s content by reposting.
This platform is vast and growing daily. Take the opportunity today and make money. Brands and influencers are ready to pay you to share about them with your audience.
However, one needs to have at least 10,000 followers and 100,000 views in a month. Such payments may range from R 3,000 to 80,000.
TikTok is straightforward; it just needs to be creative and consistent.
It involves listening and writing what you hear and translating audio to written material. This job is readily available in different fields, from law to movies.
This job needs one to listen carefully and be fluent in a certain language. One needs to have patience, too, and be keen on details.
Starting this job is easy as long as you have the resources. One needs to visit online sites and register their accounts.
Later proceed to find jobs and details on how to complete them. Work from these sites:
- Perfect Transcribers
- On Time Transcribers
- Digital Audio
Payments may range from R 9,290/month for just listening and typing. It’s a good earning for an online job in South Africa.
6. Online survey taker
Online surveys are part of the best online jobs in South Africa. It involves questionnaires targeted to get specific information from people. It’s a popular way of collecting data instantly.
You can earn money by taking online surveys from home. Just answering and providing information, and cash comes in.
One can start this job by checking various sites such as Surveytime South Africa, Timebucks, etc. Signing up is free, and payments are instant.
It’s an easy gig and doesn’t involve much; one can earn from R35/hr when it comes to payments. Make sure to signup for paid surveys because some are free!
7. Social media manager
It’s a person who takes time and looks after someone else’s socials. You can manage businesses’ or individuals’ social media accounts.
Can be done by creating content and scheduling posts. Your duties are to ensure the account grows and reaches out to many.
Also, ensure it runs smoothly and can be reached easily. Payments and schedules depend on your employer, but on average, R 18,961.
How To Land The Best Online Jobs In South Africa Without Experience
Landing an online job without relevant experience can be challenging, but it is possible. Here are some strategies to help you land an online job without relevant experience:
- Establish your readiness to learn: Employers often look for eager candidates to learn and grow. Show that you’re willing to learn new skills and challenge yourself.
- Build a portfolio: Showcase your work, whether it’s writing samples, design projects, or coding examples. It shows your skills and abilities to potential employers.
- Get experience through internships or volunteering: Go for internships or volunteer chances that will give you knowledge in the field you’re interested in. It helps you develop your skills and gain experience to showcase in your portfolio.
- Network: Link with people in the industry you’re interested in, whether through social media, professional organizations, or industry events. It can help you learn about job openings and get your foot in the door.
- Highlight transferable skills: Emphasize transferable skills such as problem-solving, communication, and time management that apply to any job.
- Show enthusiasm: Show enthusiasm for the job and the company. Demonstrate your genuine interest in the company’s mission and goals and that you’re excited to be part of the team.
- Consider entry-level positions: Consider applying for positions that can allow you to gain experience and grow within the company.
Landing an online job without relevant experience may take more effort and persistence. Still, you can increase your chances of getting hired with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and a strong portfolio.
Finding the best online jobs in South Africa is easy. There are so many freelance sites offering jobs to everyone qualified.
One ought to be careful not to fall victim to malicious people. Be safe by taking security measures as well as using common sense.
Check these sites for online jobs in South Africa:
Opportunities are available online for everyone ready to work. Always research first before getting into a job, then regretting later.