Last updated on November 10th, 2023 at 03:07 pm
Looking for Webmail IMAP Settings for Outlook 2016?
When setting up your Outlook email account on a different email client, you might need to enter the Outlook IMAP settings information.
It’s not as complicated as you may think, the information you need will be provided right here.
First, let’s understand some terms:
Table of Contents
What is IMAP?
IMAP stands for internet message access protocol.
It is a method that allows you to access emails from anywhere through your browser.
It came after the POP (Post Office Protocol) service which allows for email accessiblility from a single device at a time.
With IMAP, you don’t need to save your messages to your device, everything is stored on the host server.
The information you look at will only be temporarily cached on your device.
What is Outlook?
Outlook is an email client and provider. It is available as part of the Microsoft Office Suite.
The program is mostly used for receiving and sending emails but can also be used to manage personal tasks, contacts and notes.
As an email client, it is used in accessing email accounts other than those provided by Outlook.
That means you can add a Gmail account to the application and access your emails from there.
The Outlook.com account can also be accessed on other platforms.
For this to happen, the incoming server settings, that is, IMAP and the outgoing server settings, SMTP should be set correctly on the application you’re using.
Where can you find the IMAP settings for Outlook 2016?
- On your Outlook app, go to file on the top left corner
- In the drop-down bar at the top of the screen, select the outlook email a/c whose settings you want to check
- Click account settings and then go to server settings
- Check the incoming and outgoing mail settings.
Webmail IMAP Settings for Outlook 2016
The Outlook mail server settings are standard and so you can expect to see the following IMAP (incoming mail) server information:
To manually set up an IMAP email account in Outlook 2016, you can follow these general steps:
- Open Outlook 2016 and click on “File” in the menu.
- Under “Account Information,” click “+ Add Account.”
- Select “Manual setup or additional server types” and click “Next.”
- Select “IMAP” and click “Next.”
- Fill in your user, server, and logon information.
- Under the “Outgoing mail server” tab, check the box “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server.”
- Switch to the “Advanced” tab and enter the following settings:
- Incoming server (IMAP) port: 993
- Connection: SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) port: 465
- Connection: SSL
- Click “OK” and then “Next.”
- Outlook 2016 will perform a quick test. If you have successfully completed the email account configuration, you should see a message indicating so. If not, go through the previous steps again.
- Click “Finish” to complete the setup.
These steps are general and may vary slightly depending on your email provider. It’s always a good idea to check with your email provider for specific instructions on how to set up your email account in Outlook 2016. Some email providers may also have automated setup options available.
There you have it, Webmail IMAP Settings for Outlook 2016.
-  https://my.kualo.com/knowledgebase/33_windows—configuring-email/1298_how-to-configure-a-secure-imap-e-mail-account-in-outlook-2016.html
-  https://www.ionos.com/help/email/microsoftr-outlook/manually-set-up-an-email-account-in-microsoft-outlook-2016-imap-or-pop3/
-  https://support.tigertech.net/outlook-2016-manual-imap
-  https://youtube.com/watch?v=xKpoX9EFdRs
-  https://superuser.com/questions/1396182/how-can-i-manually-configure-my-imap-and-smtp-servers-in-outlook-2016
-  https://support.mail.com/pop-imap/imap/outlook.html